JP Adjustable Support Posts
Adjustable Support Posts may be used to support carport roofs and beams carrying loads not more than two wood frame floors, where the length of joists carried by such beams does not exceed 16′ and a live load on any floor does not exceed 50 lbs/ft2.
- Top/bottom plate: 3-1/2″ x 6″, 3 gauge
- Inner/upper tube: 2-1/2″ O.D., 11 gauge
- Outer/lower tube: 2-3/4″ O.D., 12 gauge
- Black Paint
- Conforms to NBC 2015, Article 22.214.171.124.(1) and to CAN/CGSB-7.2-94.
- Ensure post is installed in a vertical and plumb position.
- Post base shall be aligned and secured to a proper supporting slab.
- Top plate shall cover the full width of the supported beam. Beam shall be centered
on the top plate and continuous across the entire length of the plate.
- For multiple ply beams, ensure to laminate plies together to act as a single member.
- JP24: Single tube post. Rotate jack screw to desired height, then place top plate with two (2) 1/4″ x 2″ lag screws.
- JP36, JP60, JP96, JP108: Double tube post. Elevate top tube to approximate height and insert locking pin. Rotate jack screw to desired height, then place top plate in position, and fasten the supported beam to the top plate with two (2) 1/4″ x 2″ lag screws.