CIA-GEL 7000 MASONRY EPOXY
CIA-GEL 7000 Epoxy is a structural adhesive specifically designed to attach anchor bolts into fully grouted concrete masonry units (CMU) and has recently been evaluated to ICC-ES AC58 for seismic, sustained load, elevated temperature and freeze-thaw suitability conditions. It can also be used to install anchor bolts into uncracked concrete and reinforced brick. It is a low odor, solvent free, non-shrink adhesive. The two-component (resin and hardener) epoxy is supplied in equal volume cartridges, which are combined in a 1:1 ratio when dispensed through the attached mixing nozzle. Either a hand powered or air-powered dispenser may be used. The cartridges are sealed with a D-plug which opens easily on the jobsite and allows partially used cartridges to be saved for later use. The epoxy has a one year shelf life when stored in unopened containers at a temperature of 21°C/70°F.
- Designed for tension and shear loads due to wind or earthquake
- Can also be used for long term static tension and shear loads
- High Strength: 1/2″ Ø anchor with 4-1/2″ embedment has an allowable static tension force over 1,600 lbs (A 307 threaded rod, Grade N CMU)
- Hardware may be installed and nuts tightened in 6 hours with full cure in 36 hours (between 15°C/60°F to 21°C/70°F)
- Use with threaded steel rod or deformed rebar
- No shrinkage
- MXDA free (Meta-xylenediamine) and VOC free (volatile organic compounds)
- Anchors continuously threaded steel rod and deformed rebar into fully grouted CMU
- Brick veneer anchoring
- Crack injection of medium to wide cracks
- Anchors rebar and threaded steel rod into uncracked concrete
Do you need to know how much epoxy your job needs?
Quickly calculate the number of cartridges using the Epoxy Quantity Estimator. Run our web application on your desktop, smart phone or tablet from anywhere with an internet connection.
The Epoxy Estimator works with Threaded Rods or Rebar.
Simply enter the Quantity, Rod Diameter and Drilled Hole depth. Choose the Epoxy Type and the required number of cartridges is instantly displayed. Both US and Metric units are supported.
OSHA has issued a new rule for measuring and limiting exposure to silica dust.
Learn More: OSHA Construction Standard for Silica Dust Exposure
WATCH OUR VIDEO: