CIA-GEL 7000-C CRACKED CONCRETE EPOXY
CIA-GEL 7000-C Epoxy is an adhesive designed to attach anchor bolts into concrete that is, or may become, cracked due to cyclic loading from wind or earthquakes. It may also be used with fully grouted CMU construction. It is a low odor, solvent free, non-shrink, non-sag adhesive. The two-component (resin and hardener) epoxy is supplied in equal volume cartridges, which are combined in a 1:1 ratio when dispensed through the attached mixing nozzle. Either a hand powered or air-powered dispenser may be used. The cartridges are sealed with a D-plug which opens easily on the jobsite and allows partially used cartridges to be saved for later use. The epoxy has a two year shelf life when stored in unopened containers at temperatures between 10°C/50°F and 25°C/77°F.
- Designed for tension and shear loads due to wind or earthquake (Seismic Design Category C-F)
- High Strength: ¾” ø anchor with 9-3/8″ embedment has a seismic LRFD tension capacity of 10,000 lbs in cracked concrete (A193 B7 threaded rod in 15″ deep foundation located away from edge, f’c = 2,500 psi)
- 15 minute gel time and 8 hour cure time (between 60°F to 70°F) provides convenient installation
- Use with threaded steel rod or deformed rebar
- Can be installed in dry, saturated or water filled holes
- No shrinkage
- Can also be used for horizontal and overhead installations (max size 1-¼” rod or #10 rebar)
- Easy to dispense
- MXDA free (Meta-xylenediamine) and VOC free (volatile organic compounds)
- Anchors continuously threaded steel rod and deformed rebar into concrete
- Holdowns into concrete for high seismic zones (SDC C-F) (lEFaSa(0.2)≥0.35)
- Horizontal and overhead anchoring applications (required special inspection)
Do you need to know how much epoxy your job needs?
Quickly calculate the number of cartridges using the Epoxy Quantity Estimator. Run our web application on your desktop, smart phone or tablet from anywhere with an internet connection.
The Epoxy Estimator works with Threaded Rods or Rebar.
Simply enter the Quantity, Rod Diameter and Drilled Hole depth. Choose the Epoxy Type and the required number of cartridges is instantly displayed. Both US and Metric units are supported.
OSHA has issued a new rule for measuring and limiting exposure to silica dust.
Learn More: OSHA Construction Standard for Silica Dust Exposure
WATCH OUR VIDEO: